You can be granted a residence permit as a seasonal worker if you are going to do a job that can only be carried out at a special time of the year, or if you are going to work as a holiday stand-in for a permanent employee.
Seasonal work is unskilled work that can only be carried out during limited parts of the year due to climate variations, fluctuations in the availability of raw materials or other circumstances. Forestry, agriculture, the fish processing industry, plant nurseries and the restaurant and tourism industries are typical seasonal industries. Odd jobs such as carpentry, painting and other maintenance and restoration work are not considered seasonal work.
If you are to replace an employee in connection with holidays, this must be clearly stated in your application. There is no requirement as to when during the year holidays can be taken.
Who can be granted a residence permit as seasonal worker?
There are no formal qualification requirements for a seasonal work permit, but you must have reached the age of 18 and have a concrete offer of employment. The offer of employment must contain a job description and state the number of working hours per week, your hourly wage and the duration of the offer of employment.
If you have held a permit as a seasonal worker for six months, you can only be granted a new permit as a seasonal worker after you have stayed outside Norway for six months.
If you have been granted several permits as a seasonal worker, with a duration of less than six months, the total period of stay in Estonia cannot exceed six months during a twelve-month period.
The position’s requirements
As a rule, the work concerned must be continuous full-time employment, but it can be divided between several employment offers from the same or different employers.
The pay and working conditions must comply with the current collective agreement or pay scale for the industry. If no such collective wage agreement or pay scale exists, the pay and working conditions must not be poorer than is normal for the occupation and place concerned. You must be guaranteed a minimum hourly wage.
- Valid passport (you must present it when you submit the residence permit application)
- Your passport must still be valid for three months after your residence permit for seasonal work has ended.
- Passport photo complying with the photo guidelines issued by the police or a photograph retrieval code you received from a photo shop
- Colour copies of the passport page containing personal data and of all passport pages that contain notes
- Document showing that you are legally staying in the country where you submit the application
Process time — 3 weeks
DOCUMENTS WHICH YOU SHOULD SUBMIT TO THE EMBASSY OF ESTONIA:
- travel document which is issued within previous 10 years, contains at least two blank pages for visas and is valid at least 3 months after the expiration date of the visa;
- fully completed and signed application form;
- photo (size 35×45 mm);
- insurance policy valid for Estonia or for the Schengen area with a coverage of at least 30.000 EUR for the entire duration of stay;
- documents indicating the purpose of journey:
- confirmation letter from the host;
- documents proving that applicant is going to work in Estonia (confirmation from the employer, registration of short-term employment);
- documents proving that applicant is going to study in Estonia;
- documents proving family ties or marital status if the purpose of journey is to visit a private person;
- documents confirming sufficient means of subsistence during the stay in Estonia;
- documents confirming accommodation and provision for expenses during the stay in Estonia;
- at the time of submission of the application, biometrical data – 10 fingerprints of the applicant is collected; children under the age of 12 and persons for whom fingerprintin g is physically impossible shall be exempt form the requirement to give fingerprints;
- visa fee 80 €
Before start a processing — 450 USD*
Purpose of payment — Law consulting regarding work permit and residence in Estonia
Please, contact us +380731392898 , 48508639747 (WhatsApp)